Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My English 102 Experience


             This semester has definitely been a challenge for me as a writer, and as a thinker.  During the first few weeks of class I quickly learned that I cannot just have a concrete thought pattern. I needed to expand my mind and develop ideas that were more outside the box.   With the help of group discussions and fishbowls I gradually began to formulate new thought patters that were more insightful.  It also became easier to make outside connections to what we read or talked about in class.  Contributing to class discussions also became easier because I began to construct my own ideas with much more ease.
                Along with discussions in class, I think the blog assignments pertaining to each new topic we learned helped improve my writing skills.  The guiding questions I found very useful in supporting the main argument I was making.  It encouraged me to be as accurate and to the point as possible.  These assignments, I believe, helped me have a better understanding of what we were reading or discussing in class at the time.  They even helped me come to my own conclusions about certain characters or situations in the story, which I don’t recall always having an easy time doing.
                I really enjoyed connecting our paper topics to modern day society.  I think I learned more about what I like because I found a deeper meaning.  It may have been something I would have never known if I hadn’t applied it to my paper.  It allowed for me to explore a topic that I was interested in to what we were currently learning and show a connection between the two.        

1 comment:

  1. This is a very nice reflection! I am happy to hear how well you have grown as a writer and thinker!

    ReplyDelete